Thursday, October 14, 2010

Me gusta la Salsa

I got a phone call earlier this week, the screen read "Martha". It was my mother, we still havent talked since the whole fight over the vacation. I answered and my cousin was on the line...my mother was dead.......jk!!! I guess my cousin flew down to visit my mom and they wanted me to meet up with them in LA.
We met up at this Salsa club called "La Mariposa" in Long beach. I was kinda stoked but I didn't know how to dance to salsa, either way I was going to make the most of the night.
As soon as i walked in I noticed this was no salsa club, it was a techno/latin house mix night. The place was packed with an 18+ crowd!
Little dance circles of people shuffling kept breaking out, its the new club/rave dance craze!!
Matt was dancing with my cousins friend all night, he was going crazy!
This was one of the first times I've ever seen my mom this dressed up. My friends were joking around saying that my mom looks like a total white girl and that im adopted!! she looked nice.
It was almost unreal that she was actually here, we still had some tension but it kinda died off by the end of the night. She didn't dance much and I kept tripping out that I was "clubbing" with my mom.
My mother took this picture of me, not a bad picture.
It was the first time my friends and family were all together since my high school graduation, before that...never.
I was really glad to see them and even though my mom didn't show it i know she was just as happy to see me as i was to see her.
I met up the next day in Universal City and had dinner, watched the social network...inspired me to go all out on the next promo photos.
I looked back at the view and wondered when was the next time I was going to see her. I had a really good time and honestly I wish she lived closer. maybe things wouldnt be so difficult. I gave my cousin of my shirts and we said our goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment