Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Praying on the streets of Rome, Italy

Woke up at 6am and worked out a bit, played some golf like a creep before the sun even came up. Break fast. shower. arrived at Civitavecchia, Italy at 8am. jumped off ship and headed on a 1hr train ride to rome. It was packed and the seat head rests were covered in mildew from other peoples heads ha ha. ghetto. tagging was every where, even the trains.
Priests were everywhere. There was a catholic mass going on when I went to the church and orange colored guards. Must have been over 2000+ people. Neat architecture but by this time I was over it. It seemed like every other street in Italy had some ancient or detailed structure..booo!! It was also packed with tourists and vendors. lame. its hot.

The pillars were tall, seemed pretty new but with a roman touch to them. nothing too interesting in this area. kept wandering.
Came up on this huge statue of the virgin mary, I think ha ha. The smooth texture and deep carvings really made it stand out. No one really cared to look at it. I have no idea why statues facinate me, maybe because I picture someone carving at it for hours.

Another castle, not sure what was inside. Again they were charging way too much, but there was a homeless man snorring really loud on the outside. Feet are so sore. too much walking. thirsty.

A bridge lead to another half of the city, a lot of tall statues decorated it. I noticed the waters were green like baby shit. maybe because it is shit??

ahhh a another market place, i must have spent an hour looking around this one. every vendor had something fresh and new. no one had the same shit here ha ha!! i became fond of a little red vespa here. i know who'd love it!! one vendor was selling jewelry made from coconut shells and another hand made rings. prices weren't bad either. walk. walk. walk.
The streets were beautiful here and the alley ways were the coolest, a little escape from the heat. never wear thick button ups. large door ways.

I want a shell horn like the guy on the right is blowing. I could blow it in the morning so everyone in my neighborhood could know I was up!!! or blow it every time I ate KFC!! the statue was huge, across from these old pillars with ancient pictures of Ra the egyptian god.

Everyone should have huge door knobs like this, doorbells are too nice. Knocking on doors with your knuckles hurts after a while. It was funny though, every door had a different design. Some funny others extremely angry. Door knobs are a big deal here. My door knob would be of a chicken with huge testicles, you would have to knock by banging its testicles ha!! :]

There were a few beggars, but I noticed all of them would only beg from the ground. None of them were standing. They seemed to be of that mysterious race I couldnt put my finger on. This woman stuck me the most, all I could think of was "faith" as she had her old tattered hand perfectly alligned in prayer. She didnt make a sound as people dropped coins into her little jesus tin. Beautiful yet sad to watch.
These were famous spanish steps, steps that popped the blisters on my feet. fml. push on right. It was way too crowded and I wasn't in the mood to get pick pocketed so I ventured off.
Till I ran into this dude with a half sleeve?? His tattoos were plain and simple, of the old school tattoo style. It was still a fresh view since everyone else only had one or two tribal tattoos. Im not sure why but a shit ton of people had boring tribal tattoos. click it to view the detail. reminded me of oli sykes tattoos. next.
I fell in love with this bike as soon as I saw it. I was seriously about to jack this shit and ride it around rome. Old. Faded. yet glorious!! you can really see how the paint on the buildings was chipping and faded. no bike locks. i guess people dont really steal bikes out here.

the street. cars. vespas. car. vespa. vespa. vespa. vespa. vrrooommmmmm. The street vendors were mainly asian and indian here. it was weird, very few blacks. Again fake purses sold well here. the cars were tiny. tiny.tiny.

Among the gypse looking beggars from some mysterious race I was really shocked at the people who had deformaties. One lady had feet that curled in really bad, she moved around by pushing herself on a cheap skateboard. She didnt speak. What pissed me off the most is that priests and other clergy members would walk right past them. I only ran into 3 unlucky people with similar conditions, one man had a huge growth on his head the size of a golf ball. something a simple opperation could of handled. something a church could gather donations for and have treated. yet nothing. like i said there were very few deformed people which could of most likely been helped through surgery. fuck cergy that dont help the needy. why do we make donations at mass??
Walked up to the colliseum, huge 1 hr line to get in. no thanks. it wasnt that tall, but there was a lot of excavated buildings to explore around it. the streets were paved with huge 2x1 ft stones which hammered down on my feet. wear really protective shoes if your going here. walk. walk. walk. tired. too many people. lots of beautiful girls. even saw 1 goth chick ha ha. ran into Talina of all people in the middle of rome. odd ha ha this place is huge!

Headed back at 5, on the ship by 6m. Ate dinner by myself after getting into it with my mom again over shit from the past. This asian waiter came up to me and asked me if I listened to deathmetal. I laughed and asked what he know about it. He started topping off Suicide Silence, Job for a cowboy, impending doom, white chappel. i was blown away. His name was Nyoman and he was from Bali, Indonesia. We was a vocalist for a band called Killer Instinct and apparently bali has a huge metal scene. He owned a band clothing store out there, apparently its really hard to get american band merch out there. he said a lot of metal kids make thier own custom hand made shirt out thier to support certain bands since buying a shirt from hottopic.com comes out to over $50 after its imported. Im still really shocked to hear that people around the world really do use myspace as a way to hear of new music. The guy was really cool and super clean cut. would of never guesses. I'm suppost to meet up with Talina tonight at the club. ended up passing the fuck out. fml. o well. missed the "shout" musical too.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! That's Saint Catherine of Siena statue near Sant Angelo Castle! ;)

    ReplyDelete